Veteran

Veteran
A " Veteran--whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve..is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to: "The United States of Amerrica" for the amount of " up to and including their life" Unknown

Monday, September 13, 2010

Not Politics, But Purpose

I guess this is what we "bloggers" do we basically type to ourselves..Interesting concept!! When I first started down this path I wanted to make sure my views of the data I was looking at, or that the sources I sought out were not skewed by my political opinion, or of that of anyone elses. As the famous saying goes 'just the facts Ma'am". I am dating myself here, but nothing wrong with being finely aged!! I consider myself political astute, active and a self-described news junkie.
With that being said the issue of treating veterans correctly is not a Demorcratic or Republican issue, it is not a right, left, or somewhere inbetweeen issue, it is simply the just thing to do. No one party can claim a right to us as a group, nor should we allow them to. Where I, or any of us, fall on the political spectrum should not have any bearing on this issue. That is why Jarhead-Pinhead will remain free of any political influence or endorsements. If you support us, it is because you believe in the work we are and will be doing, and that all veterans deserve to be treated fairly by the citizens they so proudly, honorably, and bravely serve on behalf of.
I have five whole followers...and one is the Pinhead part of Jarhead-Pinhead, one is my self appointed editor, thanks SW, and the other three are people I know with good solid hearts that are following this for all the right reasons. We are rolling now, slowly, but hey it's a start and I know as we roll on together we will grow into the force needed to forge a New Way Forward and Change the Face of PTSD forever.

4 comments:

  1. "New Way Forward and Change the Face of PTSD forever." These are big shoes to fill. I talk to very few people about this subject unless I already know they have some background in this. Few days pass that I don't hear people around me or people I used to work with that stereo-type people associated with PTSD. People who live in their safe "bubble" of the world, look down at people who acknowledge this injury and they talk behind your back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed these are big shoes, and my foot alone will never fill them. But, I know there are enough of us out there that if we begin to stand together as the proud people we are, instead of keeping the pain inside and feel shamed when we should be feeling pride, we can begin to change the stereo-type. It is time to simply be honest about BASIC. Most people stereo type out of ignorance, who better to educate those who do not know, then those of us that do.
    Though the goals seem lofty I believe they are worthy. There will always be people who choose to live in the safe "bubble" that we provide for them and continue to believe what they want and ignore the facts; we cannot control that. But, we can longer allow the stero-types to continue, the price is too high, for those os us who have already served and suffer, and for all those who are currently serving and will be suffering. As the old saying goes (slightly modified "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

    ReplyDelete